Join the next generation of leaders as an Army officer, with the opportunity to develop highly-valued management skills in Sri Lanka’s most exciting workplace.
The Sri Lankan Army is one of the world's leading military forces. Learn about our key defensive role, the operations we support overseas, our contribution to disaster relief, and our vision for the future.An officer in the Sri Lankan Army inherits glorious heritage and lasting traditions, blended perfectly with the latest advances in technology in the fields of armament, management, engineering and medical sciences. It offers a golden opportunity to be a part of the world's finest Army and get trained not only to be an Officer but also a Gentleman for life.
An Officer, A Lady and A Gentleman
The Sri Lankan Army promises both professional and personal growth at every stage of the career. The inherent adventure and extra-curricular activities in the Army ensure an all round development essential in today's world. Art of War-Engineering-Medicine-Administration-Human Resource Development and Management; the army teaches you all. Moulding the officers into leaders capable of leading from the front in any field. Joining the Army is possible both after finishing school as well as after graduation.
Apart from attractive pay and perks, Army offers you the best in Life Style, better than all other professions. Be it social interaction, finest clubs, sports facilities, medical facilities and ample opportunities, Army has it all. In fact you are paid to lead a healthy life in a healthy environment.
Facilities like subsidized housing, free medical for self & family, canteen facilities, group insurance cover, soft loans for house and/or vehicle and above all the feeling of belonging to a family which cares for you, are the perks of the Army which no other organization provides.
Selection Criteria (Female)
Minimum Educational Qualifications
- Passing Minimum of six subjects with four (4) Credit (C) Passes including English Language, Mathematics and Sinhala/Tamil Language in a one sitting and not more than two attempts at GCE (O/L) examination or any other international examination (Pearson/ Edexel, GCSE, GCE and Cambridge) recognized by Department of Examination, Sri Lanka as an equivalent. The candidates who have obtained a simple pass for English at GCE (O/L) will be considered if they possess any of the NVQ Level -5 or above diploma in English subject offered by a UGC recognized university /institute as an additional qualification.
- Passing two subjects and obtaining 30% of marks for Common General Test in one sitting not more than three attempts at GCE (A/L) examination or any other international examination (Pearson/ Edexel, GCSE, GCE and Cambridge) recognized by Department of Examination, Sri Lanka as an equivalent.
- Proficiency of language/s other than Sinhala and English would be considered as an additional qualification.
- Citizenship : Should be a female Sri Lankan citizen
- Age : Should be between 18-22 age by 30 June 2021
- Height : Should not be less than 5’4” feet
- Weight : Should not be less than 45 kg (98 pounds)
- Eyesight : Right eye 6/6 and left eye 6/9 (without specs and lenses)