The final spectacle of the most popular ‘Ranaviru Real Star - II’ which elicited hidden artistic talents of tri-service personnel is to reach its apex on Friday (July 06) with five finalists competing for the supremacy at Sugathadasa Indoor Stadium.
The ‘Ranaviru Real Star’, the mega reality show that came into vogue on a concept mooted by Secretary Defence and Urban Development Mr Gotabaya Rajapaksa immediately after the completion of the humanitarian operations against terrorism, emerged one of the most watched musical programme that showcased singing talents found in a soldier.
The mega TV show sponsored by Dialog mobile network during the last ten months attracted a record number of viewers, thanks to the sponsorship and airtime allocated by the country’s National Television, ‘Rupavahini’, it was revealed in a Press Conference held Wednesday (4) evening at hotel Galadari.
Mr Luxman Hulugalle, Director General, Media Centre for National Security (MCNS) during the Press Conference told that this programme, proposed by Mr Gotabaya Rajapaksa brought so many untapped musical talents of our soldiers to the fore.
He also said that the final five contestants of tri-services will serve a tribute to the talents of all tri-service personnel serving across the country.
He also thanked the sponsor, Dialog and the national channel Rupavahini for all the unstinted support extended to make this programme a huge success.
The final five contestants are Sergeant Asela Manukulasooriya (Sri Lanka Army), Lance Corporal Krishan Dumindaraj (Sri Lanka Army), Ayomi Perera (Sri Lanka Army), Gayan Arunapriya (Sri Lanka Navy) and Imali Anuruddika (Sri Lanka Air Force).
The final show on Friday, an eminent panel of reputed musicians in the industry will judge their merits, giving 60% of the marks while the remainder, 40% is selected by SMS messengers.
The representative of the sponsor, Dialog, Ms Amali Nanayakkara added that they were very much proud to be the sponsor of this reality programme for the second consecutive year.
The winner of the ‘Ranaviru Real Star - II’ will receive a fully furnished new house, worth about Rs 17 million while the first runner-up will get a brand new car plus and Rs 1 million in cash. The third place will carry a cash prize of Rs 2 million.
In addition fourth and fifth places will carry away Rs 5 lakhs each and all the finalists are also to be rewarded.
Mr Gotabaya Rajapaksa, Secretary Defence and Urban Development, Air Chief Marshal Roshan Goonatilake, Chief of Defence Staff, Lieutenant General Jagath Jayasuriya, Commander of the Army, Vice Admiral D.W.A.S. Dissanayake, Commander of the Navy, Air Marshal Harsha Abeywickrama, Commander of the Air Force, Mr Mohan Samaranayake, Chairman, Sri Lanka Rupavahini Corporation were associated with the Media Briefing.